One of my best buds is gluten free, and it causes her to give a lot of preparation when our crew gets together – often times bringing her own food. We were having her and her husband over for dinner, and I wanted to have something scrumptious that she could eat for dessert – surprisingly, it was easy, both to find and to make! This recipe is DElicious, and only 3 ingredients (YES!!).
15 oz ricotta
2 tbs powdered sugar
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (or I suppose it doesn’t need to be in chip format – just meltable)
Milk (just a little)
Extra chocolate for shaving
1. Melt your chocolate, I just used the microwave at 30 second intervals (so I wouldn’t burn it) till it was smooth
2. Add ricotta, powdered sugar, and chocolate to food processor
3. Mix until smooth. I was having trouble getting it smooth, so I added a bit of milk
4. Scoop into four glasses – although I have to admit, while this is delicious, it’s so rich that none of us finished our whole serving. I think you could probably get six servings out of it.
5. Shave some chocolate on top, and enjoy!
I found this recipe on RealSimple.com (original recipe here http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/chocolate-ricotta-mousse-00000000008034/index.html), they have lots of other gluten free recipes as well.