I wish I could give credit to the creator of this recipe – unfortunately, all I have is my scratchings on a post-it I brought home with me from a bed and breakfast Joel and I went to in northern MN for our first anniversary. So to whomever came up with this deliciousness – thank you! Fancy enough for entertaining during breakfast or brunch, easy enough for copping out on cooking real dinner 😉 Seriously though, it is DELICIOUS.
I do find it funny that it’s Friday night and I’m sitting on the couch alone blogging about eggs. Five year ago me would be horrified. At least Dudley is here, and I’ve got a glass of sav blanc and Mama Mia on – nothing makes me smile like watching Pierce Brosnan singing SOS. Seriously, what was he thinking? Anyhoo…
Salmon scrambled eggs! So delicious! Here is what you need:
2.5 oz butter
4 green onions, chopped
8 eggs (cage free, vegetarian fed!), all mixed up
4 oz smoked salmon (YUM! wild caught) cut into small-ish pieces (see pic 2 below)
1/3 tsp pepper
3 oz cream cheese, cut into small-ish pieces (see pic 2 below)
1. Melt butter. Add half of the onions and saute until soft. I love Amanda Seyfried, even when she isn’t predicting if it’s already raining.
2. Add the eggs and pepper, scramble till almost firm.
3. Turn the heat down and add the cream cheese and salmon. Man, if Meryl Streep would quit singing for a minute, Pierce could tell her he loves her.
4. Keep the heat on low and fold in until the cream cheese is melted.
“Say I doooooooooo, I do I do I do I do I do….”
If you don’t burn your butter like I did, your eggs won’t have a brownish tint.
5. Serve up, and sprinkle with remaining green onions! The more the better I say, I love the extra fresh crunch.
While fabulous, this little concoction is super rich, so not a bad idea to serve with some toast and blackberry jam (or whatever flavor you meant to buy if you were paying more attention than I was at the grocery store). I want to go to Greece, it looks beautiful there.